Monday, July 6, 2009

Highly-Coveted Washington Commit Sione Potoa'e Still Looking Around

ESPNU 150 Watch List defensive tackle Sione Potoa'e gave affiliate Web site WeAreSC.com an update on the status of his pledge to the Huskies.

"My verbal to Washington is a soft verbal, a soft commitment, but I'm still keeping my options open to other schools."

USC, California and Oregon are Washington's three competitors for Potoa'e who would like to make official visits to all four schools.

Potoa'e also shared what he's looking for, "Honestly the academics are the most important part because academics will take me farther than football will. And a school with great academics will carry into the future with success."

"And I'm also looking at the athletics and the environment. I don't want to go to a school that I'm uncomfortable with because I'm going there for four years, and I don't want to go through four years with uneasiness. Personally, I would like to travel from home, but I also care about my parent's point of view, their outlook, and I'll take that into consideration when I make my decision."