Saturday, October 24, 2009

V.J. Fehoko Set For Texas Tech Visit

V.J. Fehoko has had a top five in place for a number of weeks now, so the next step is planning the long trips from Hawaii to go see the campuses.

The Farrington (Honolulu) inside linebacker told Sporting News at the beginning of his senior season that Texas Tech, Utah, Utah State, Hawaii and UCLA made up his top five. He told SN this week that Washington has since replaced UCLA.

He now has an official visit set up with Texas Tech in late November. His brother, Sam Fehoko, plays for the Red Raiders.

"I think it should be a good visit to Texas Tech," Fehoko (6-0/220) told SN. "If we keep winning, I think (Nov. 20) is still a bye week, even though we would be in the playoffs. I think by losing all their real big star players, (Texas Tech has) come down some since last year, but that was nice to see them upset Nebraska. That opened my eyes. They've proven themselves this year."

As far as the other schools on his list, he may not take visits to those schools until he finishes his senior season. Right now, the playoffs are first on his mind.

"I wish it was done," Fehoko said. "But at the same time I don't want to make the wrong deceision. I need to go see the programs for myself, to see if that's where I really want to be. You have coaches calling you daily, weekly, and it kind gets frustrating at times, but I'm pretty sure I'm sticking to my guns to wait it out."

Fehoko told fans what they could expect from him on the field.

"If I see you on the field, and you have opposite colors, I'm real nasty," Fehoko said. "I have no remorse. I want to dominate you. I play really smart football, and never take off plays. I'm pretty quick and strong. Those are my strengths on the field."

Full Article