Thursday, June 18, 2009

Roy Miller Making The Transition

Rookie DT Roy Miller
has found himself making several adjustments to the NFL and the Tampa Bay area.

"This heat is something," Miller said of midday temperatures in the low 90s. "I should be used to it coming from Texas, but it's not this humid down there. Sometimes this feels like a big ol' cloud of humidity on you."

Miller, a third-round pick, also is trying to adapt to Jim Bates' new defensive scheme, which is unlike Miller's college playbook at Texas.

"Last year, I did something completely different than what they want here," Miller said. "I was a one-gap type player, straight upfield. Now I'm playing more on the blocker. It's a transition, and I think I'm doing pretty well with it. The older guys, like Chris Hovan and Ryan Sims are giving me a lot of support, and I appreciate it."

No comments:

Post a Comment