Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ngata's Quick Start

Defensive tackle Haloti Ngata, who got the Ravens defense off to a great start with his interception and touchdown return in the first quarter, was pleased that the Ravens' first defensive unit shut out the Jets in the first quarter.

"We weren't planning on that,'' he said at halftime. "I think one of the things we mostly have got to work on is stopping the run. We take a lot of pride in that. We didn't do too well, so we've got to go back and fix that. But it was good that we were still able to have a dominant defense."

Ngata said he was just in the right place at the right time for the big interception.

"I was supposed to have contain on that play,'' he said. "I saw the running back coming out, so I tried to stay in between (the quarterback and the running back). I saw the quarterback looking aat him, and then he threw the ball. I just jumped up, and it hit my stomach. My stomach swallowed it, and I caught the ball."

Full Article