Monday, March 29, 2010

Harvey Langi: Travels East to Compete

Running back Harvey Langi (Bingham, Utah/South Jordan) made the 2,560-mile trip to Coral Gables to compete at the event, which annually is among the most loaded Nike Football Training Camp.

He played quite well, earning running back MVP honors and displaying good hands and athleticism during the drills.

"Traveling here was the worst part," he said. "We had to stop in Atlanta and got mixed up on a couple of flights over there and flew in here Saturday morning, but coming here was worth it. I just wanted to come out here and check out the competition and the speed. The competition is wild. So many kids have so much talent. All my time here was worth it. They treated every individual special and coached all of us."

With the 6-2, 220-pounder's skill in the passing game, it's possible he could end up playing H-back or somewhere besides running back in college, which is fine with Langi.

"I just want to work on everything," said Langi, who might even play some defense this season. "If a coach needs something here, something there, I will go play it. I want a bunch of tools in my toolbox."


Langi holds offers from BYU, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Stanford, UCLA.

"I am going to go out and travel and see what I can do," Langi. "I always go to camp out west and see schools out there, but I wanted to come (to Miami) to see what the competition here was all about."

Four of Langi’s teammates have already committed to BYU -- Baker Pritchard, Kesni Tausinga, Manoa Pikula and Moses Kaumatule.

Those close to Langi say he wants to wait at least a few more months before deciding, but already it appears that he’s going to be the most-recruited player in the state this year.

Full Article

No comments:

Post a Comment