Tuesday, October 26, 2010

'The Samoan Bulldozer' Garnering National Attention

Greer (SC) Greer inside linebacker Adam Ah Ching is earning a lot of attention on the recruiting trail, and with a nickname like "The Samoan Bulldozer", it would seem hard not to. The 6-1, 210-pound Ah Ching has picked up early offers from BYU, Colorado and Oregon State while schools like Notre Dame, Alabama, Cal, Clemson, LSU, Oregon, Penn State, South Carolina, South Florida, Stanford, UCLA, USC, Utah and Washington are showing serious interest.

One of the main things Ah Ching is letting college coaches know is his intent to serve his Mormon mission and how important that is to him, so that could play a factor in his recruitment.

"Any school that will let me serve my church mission, it's always been my dream to serve my mission," Ah Ching said. "It's always been my goal to let the coaches know that if they let me serve my mission I'll be interested in them.

"Some schools shy away from that because you leave for two years and some kids are out of shape. BYU is really not a favorite right now, it's just a matter of whatever school makes me a better person and is a great atmosphere for me."

Ah Ching, who has about 62 tackles (15 for loss) two sacks and a forced fumble this season, said that BYU "has always been like my dream school," and he camped with the Cougars this summer where he earned the defensive MVP award.

But he's keeping all of his options open and there are plenty of schools coming after the standout junior linebacker.

"LSU, Stanford, Notre Dame," said Ah Ching, who visited Clemson for a recent game. "I could go down the list."

Ah Ching also went to Oregon's camp this past summer and then made the short trip to Corvallis to check out Oregon State.

He already has the three early offers and also lists interest from Alabama, Cal, Penn State, South Carolina, South Florida, UCLA, USC, Utah and Washington. Many other schools should get involved as well.

"I'm having a great season," Ah Ching said. "Hopefully I get more offers and schools looking out for me after I send my highlight tape out."

Full Article

No comments:

Post a Comment