Thursday, October 14, 2010

Taumoepeau Has Amazing Visit To ISU


Cerritos (CA) College defensive lineman Walton Taumoepeau’s visit to Iowa State this past weekend could not have gone any better.

“Everything was perfect and I really enjoyed it a lot,” said Taumoepeau. “It really cemented the fact that Iowa State is definitely the number one school that I think I will be going to. They need in help in the middle of their defensive line and we talked about me coming in and making an impact right away.”
The 6-foot-4, 295-pound defensive tackle has an offer from Iowa State but is also hearing from Washington, FIU, and Oregon State.

He told Cyclone Sports Report that while Iowa State is his clear favorite that he does not plan on making any decisions right away.

“I really like them now but I might want to take a few more visits,” said Taumoepeau. “I will probably make my decision by the end of the season.”

Walton feels that many things stuck out to as why he is so high on Iowa State.

“I really like the academic situation there and that fact that they have such a high graduation rate for their football players,” he said. “It really shows they care about you and that they really want you to graduate from college. I also like the environment because it’s different from what I am used to and the support they get from the fans is amazing.”

Walton also enjoyed getting to know Iowa State head coach Paul Rhoads.

“He keeps things real and you can tell that he really cares a lot about his players,” said Taumoepeau. “We got to talk one-on-one and he told me how much he really needs a big defensive tackle for next year’s team. He sees me as a run stopper and likes how I can hold up the middle of the line.”

Walton will be graduating this fall and is attending to be a part of spring practice at the school that he chooses during the next month or two.

Full Article

No comments:

Post a Comment