Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Paea on the NFL



 We congratulated defensive tackle Stephen Paea on his Morris Award (which goes to the Pac-10's best defensive lineman, as voted by Pac-10 offensive linemen. Paea was very happy. "A big accomplishment for me, and for my school,''  he said.

 I asked Paea if there were any NFL agents sniffing around his parents, wanting him to declare for the NFL draft (Paea has another year of eligibility left at OSU).

 "My family does all the talking to those people but my thoughts are I'm coming back,''  said Paea. "It's not something I should worry about. ... no agent has approached my dad.''

 I told Paea, who pound for pound is one of the strongest players in college football, about Nebraska behemoth and former Grant High star Ndamukong Suh's admission recently that he almost transferred to Oregon State.

  I said, Stephen, can you imagine you and Suh on the same defensive line?

  Big grin. "It would be crazy,'' said Paea. "Who do you double-team, me or him?

 Indeed.




Full Article

No comments:

Post a Comment