Monday, September 27, 2010

Tony Moeaki, Kansas City's New Favorite Target


Kansas City Chiefs QB Matt Cassel ended the 31-10 victory over the San Francisco 49ers with 250 passing yards and three touchdowns.

One of those scores was to his new favorite target, TE Tony Moeaki.

In the third quarter, the Chiefs were facing a critical third-and-5 as they were hanging onto a 17-3 lead over the 49ers.

"Tony was running down the field with the mike backer beneath him and I was thinking 'I have to give him a shot in the back of the end zone for him or nobody' and it just worked out for everybody," Matt Cassel told Soren Petro on 810 WHB Monday afternoon.
 
Moeaki, who was running a post in the end zone, had a step on the defender and Cassel put the ball in the one spot where Moeaki could catch it and the defender could not as Moeaki leaped in the air, stretched his hand out and came down with the one-handed grab.

"I thought it was phenomenal," Cassel said. "It makes my life easier when you can throw the ball up and guys make plays like that. Part of my job is to let those guys go up and make those kind of plays because they do such an outstanding job of it."

I gotta admit...the pass was pretty spot-on. Cassel, who was high with several throws in the first half, put the ball right where it needed to be.

"I make that catch every day in practice as I'm warming up," Cassel said to Petro laughing.

The former tight end hasn't caught a pass since his Carson Palmer was a quarterback at USC so you know he was joking with that last line.

Full Article

No comments:

Post a Comment